We collect Personal Information from you when you:
1. Contact us. If you contact us through email, we collect your email address. We collect this type of contact information to answer your queries or respond to an inquiry from you in connection with your use of the Services, and to provide you support or other services you request.
2. Fill out the Get Started Form: When you fill out our Get Started form, we collect your first name, last name, company, and email address. We collect this information so that we can determine which accreditation program might be right for you and send you the appropriate kit.
3. Use our Services: Through your use of our Site, we may collect personal information, which is information that identifies you as an individual, relates to you as an identifiable individual, or that, along with other information, could identify you (collectively, “Personal Information”).
4. Information We Collect Automatically:
5. Apply for employment: When you apply for employment on our Careers page ,we collect your first name, last name, address, email address, phone number, work permit status, and citizenship status. For EEOC compliance, we also collect your sex and racial/ethnic background identification.
6. Apply to volunteer. When you apply to be a volunteer with us, we collect your first name, last name, address, and email address.
7. Request notification for future employment openings. If you choose to be notified of future employment openings, we collect your name and email address.
8. Report a concern. When you fill out our ‘Report a Concern’ form, we collect your first name, last name, and email address, so that we may communicate with you.
9. Mobile Device Data: When you access our Site using your mobile device data, we collect device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device.
We share your Personal Information with service providers that facilitate the provision of our Services, and as necessary to run our business efficiently and to comply with legal and other obligations.
We implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the Personal Information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. We utilize various technologies including but not limited to SSL encryption, IP-based access control, and individual user authentication to guard against unauthorized access to Personal Information in our systems.
Please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
How long do we keep your information? We retain Personal Information collected through the Site for as long as necessary to serve the purpose for which it was provided.
We also retain information for as long as necessary for specific purposes to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and/or as necessary to protect our legal rights, fulfill our contractual obligations or for certain business requirements.
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform webites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. For further details, visit https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
Correct, view, or delete your information. To correct, view, or delete certain Personal Information relating to you in our possession, such as name and email address, you must contact us using the contact information provided below. If you request that we delete certain information, you may not be able to access the Services.
Emails and Communications. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained in the communication, or by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
Cookies. If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
How to change your cookie settings. To find out how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or device, and how to reject and delete cookies, please visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org/. Each web browser is different. For information on reviewing or deleting cookies from specific browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
If you do not accept cookies, you may still interact with the Site, but will not be automatically recognized as an prior visitor. If you reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, some features of the Site may not function properly.
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to analyze how people interact with our Site. See http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ for information about how Google uses the information provided to Google Analytics. You can control the information provided to Google and opt out of certain ads provided by Google by using any of the methods set forth here or using the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on here.
Fullstory: We use Fullstory to analyze how people interact across multiple pages on our Site, such as the pages visited, links clicked, and mouse movements. For more information on how Fullstory uses this information, see their privacy notice at https://www.fullstory.com/optout.
Pardot: We use Pardot to track visitors on our website and to monitor performance of our marketing campaigns. Pardot collects your browser information, cookie data, present date/time, page views, your IP address, and location based data. For more information on how Pardot uses this information, see their privacy notice at https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=pardot_prospect_opt_out_manually.htm&type=5.
This Site and our Services are not intended for individuals under the age of thirteen (13) years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect or share information from children. If you become concerned that we may have collected data from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Council on Accreditation
45 Broadway, 29th Floor
New York, NY 10006