fbpx
  • 6 Resources for Potential Foster Parents

Has all the buzz around National Foster Care Month (or the new HBO documentary!) inspired you to think about

READ MORE
  • What is the Value of Having a Blog?

A big thank you to Danielle Cook for this guest blog post! A vital element of any thriving relationship is communication. This truth extends to the dynamic between an organization and its stakeholders, and a blog is an effective channel for

READ MORE
  • Encouraging Volunteerism from Staff: A COA Case Study

At COA, volunteerism is the thread that binds us together and allows us to carry out our mission. Whether volunteers are helping our accredited organizations or running our site visits, COA would not function without them. This is why we like to

READ MORE
  • Calling All Social Workers! Tools to Share the Importance of Your Work

A big thank you to Greg Wright from the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for this guest post! Social work is a life-affirming and rewarding career field. It’s also one of the fastest growing in the nation, with over 100,000

READ MORE
  • Profiles in Accreditation: Lad Lake

Welcome to the first in a new series of blog posts entitled Profiles in Accreditation!  The organizations that COA accredits are diverse in both the communities they serve and their reasons for seeking accreditation (or

READ MORE
  • Interview with the VA: Understanding Recognition Through Supportive Services for Veteran Families

Active military and Veterans play an integral role in our everyday lives. Although we can’t always witness them in action or grasp the full breadth of their influence, we have confidence in their bravery and the safety they provide to our society

READ MORE
  • Family Builders: Best Practice for Serving LGBTQ Youth in Foster Care

The Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA) of 1997 assures the permanency, safety, and well-being for all children and youth in the foster care system. These three tenets serve as the framework upon, which the COA accredited organization, Family

READ MORE
  • What is the Role of the COA Accreditation Coordinator?

Accreditation is a journey. One with a clear destination, but a less defined path. There are mile markers along the way; however, there isn’t necessarily one straight, easy road to the finish line. Is there a recommended route? Are there any

READ MORE
  • Social Work and Environmental Justice: A Natural Partnership

“I want to make the world a better place. I want to help vulnerable people in my community. I want a career where I feel like I’m making a difference.” Are any of those sentiments familiar to you? They are to me and to many of the social

READ MORE
  • Data – Can We Call It Salvation?

It is comforting to believe we know ourselves, our community, the universe, and our place in it. How else could we get out of bed every morning? That said, we must admit that much of our knowledge is inherited or built on an imperfect (and

READ MORE