Trainings and Resources Overview
The Council on Accreditation provides a variety of trainings, in many formats, to assist organizations and programs pursuing accreditation. These trainings provide information on COA’s standards, the accreditation process, and more.
Use the training calendar to find all relevant trainings in the format of your choice. Our training programs are available in several formats:
- Face-to-face trainings provide in-depth, hands-on understanding of COA’s accreditation and re-accreditation process, the standards, how to document implementation, prepare the Self-Study, and get ready for the Site Visit.
- Live and recorded webinars provide training on process-related topics and are designed to help gain core competencies, skills, and knowledge.
- Self-paced trainings provide a brief and informative overview of some of the most important aspects of the standards and accreditation and re-accreditation process.
The Tools Search contains hundreds of resources for achieving accreditation, such as:
- Templates, checklists, and forms for demonstrating implementation of COA standards
- Trainings on specific stages of the accreditation process
- Tutorials for best utilizing the MyCOA Portal
- Materials to communicate the benefits of accreditation to all stakeholders
The Glossary includes definitions for a comprehensive list of over 800 terms used throughout the standards. When the meaning of a standard requires further clarity, a glossary term used within the standard can provide meaningful elaboration.
Solutions to FAQs contains hundreds of answers to frequently asked questions. Search by category, accreditation program, or keyword.
Customized Trainings and Technical Assistance
COA offers customized trainings designed to address specific needs related to the COA accreditation and reaccreditation process. This includes all training formats, including webinar, self-paced, and face-to-face.
Please contact us for more information about technical assistance and customized training.
Private Organization Accreditation
Family Services of Southeast Texas strengthens families through accessible, affordable counseling services and education for issues affecting family life, mental health and employment. We also provide comprehensive domestic violence shelter and support services.
read more >>
Holy Family Institute
Sister Linda Yankoski, President/CEO
The Council On Accreditation provides all stakeholders involved in the delivery of social services the assurance that the organization is credible, effective, and is committed to quality improvement. The COA process is an important tool for anyone involved in leading an organization to establish best practices and maintaining and updating these practices over time.