Solutions to FAQs
The Solutions Database is a searchable knowledgebase containing answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding COA standards and the accreditation process. The entries comprised in the database are designed to help organizations and volunteers gain more detailed information about specific elements of COA’s accreditation process and offer further clarification on the standards. While the Solutions Database is a comprehensive representation of the most frequently asked questions COA receives, it does not contain responses to all questions. COA will continue to expand this resource over time with the help of your feedback.
To get started, either click a category within the Search Solutions section or enter a key word and/or standard within the Find Solutions Search Bar. For example, typing in “application,” “training,” “governing board” or “RPM 2” will return entries related to these subjects. See below for more tips on improving search results.
Please note that the search function is limited to database entries. To broadly search the COA website, please refer to the Search Bar located at the top of the page. If you are unable to find the answer you seek, please contact your Accreditation Coordinator, submit a case using your MyCOA portal or VIP account, or Contact Us.
- Solution Search returns solutions that include all or any of your keywords. For example, searching for foster care may return results with just foster, just care, or both keywords in any order.
- Items that include more of your keywords are listed higher in results, and items that contain your keywords as a phrase or near each other are also listed higher.
- FAQ Search can stem-or find variants of your search terms. For example, searching for creating finds solutions containing create, created, and creating. Note This behavior applies only to the type of word you search for: a search for a noun matches variants of the noun form, a search for a verb matches variants of the verb form, and so on.
- You can use search wildcards and operators to improve your Solution Search results.
- If any search terms match words in a solution title, the solution is boosted in the search results.
- The numbers displayed in parentheses and brackets alongside search results indicate the number of matching solutions found. For example, if you search for Risk and Risk (35) displays, then there are 35 solutions with the term Risk.
Private Organization Accreditation
One Hope United offers a range of services aimed at our mission of "Protecting children and strengthening families" including early childhood education, early intervention and prevention, family preservation, foster care, residential, and adoption.
read more >>
Joint Base Charleston School Age Program
Paula B. Matthews, School Age Program Coordinator
Preparing for our after school accreditation was an awesome and very valuable learning experience for the Child and Youth Professionals at Charleston Air Force Base. Becoming familiar with and understanding the After School standards was a breeze because of the training webinars and the great customer service we received from all of the COA staff. Thank you for supporting our military families.