Hague Accreditation and Approval Standards are requirements established by the U.S. Department of State in 22 CFR Part 96 for intercountry adoption providers involved in Hague Convention adoptions.
Hague Accreditation and Approval Standards include standards related to both management and service delivery.
Hague management standards apply to all adoption service providers regardless of the type of provider or services provided. These management standards promote accountability and include:
- Licensing and Corporate Governance
- Financial and Risk Management
- Ethical Practices and Responsibilities
- Professional Qualifications and Training of Employees
- Information Disclosure, Fee Practices, and Quality Control
- Responding to Complaints and Records and Reports Management
- Service Planning and Delivery
Service standards only apply to adoption service providers who currently provide the service or indicated that they intend to provide the service. Service standards include:
- Standards for Incoming Cases
- Standards for Outgoing Cases