COA prides itself on the caliber of its volunteer corps. These volunteers are an essential component of Hague accreditation and approval. Our Evaluators make an extraordinary commitment to guarantee quality site visits and desk reviews. They are trained on the Hague process and standards. In addition to the interviews they conduct on site, significant time is spent becoming familiar with your operations through a review of your self-study and reviewing information about you.
Hague Evaluators are recruited from the following groups of professionals:
- Chief Executive Officers of accredited and approved organizations or organizations in process of becoming accredited.
- Senior administrative and clinical staff of accredited organizations or organizations in process of becoming accredited.
- Faculty of schools of social work with special expertise.
- Recently retired senior staff from accredited organizations who continue to maintain an active role in the field.
- Professionals with expertise in intercountry adoption.
Each Evaluator Team is headed by a Lead Evaluator. The Lead Evaluators are senior reviewers who have extensive experience with accreditation and the review process. Through these two factors they have demonstrated a true commitment to the purposes and goals of Hague accreditation and approval.
Private Organization Accreditation
One Hope United offers a range of services aimed at our mission of "Protecting children and strengthening families" including early childhood education, early intervention and prevention, family preservation, foster care, residential, and adoption.
read more >>
Volunteer Roles: Endorser; Peer Reviewer
It is an honor to be a COA volunteer. I’ve had a great opportunity to work with fabulous COA volunteers, I’ve grown professionally in the COA accreditation process and I’ve met some wonderful people across this nation who are working hard to help and support children and families.