COA prides itself on the caliber of its volunteer corps. These volunteers are an essential component of Hague accreditation and approval. Our Evaluators make an extraordinary commitment to guarantee quality site visits and desk reviews. They are trained on the Hague process and standards. In addition to the interviews they conduct on site, significant time is spent becoming familiar with your operations through a review of your self-study and reviewing information about you.
Hague Evaluators are recruited from the following groups of professionals:
- Chief Executive Officers of accredited and approved organizations or organizations in process of becoming accredited.
- Senior administrative and clinical staff of accredited organizations or organizations in process of becoming accredited.
- Faculty of schools of social work with special expertise.
- Recently retired senior staff from accredited organizations who continue to maintain an active role in the field.
- Professionals with expertise in intercountry adoption.
Each Evaluator Team is headed by a Lead Evaluator. The Lead Evaluators are senior reviewers who have extensive experience with accreditation and the review process. Through these two factors they have demonstrated a true commitment to the purposes and goals of Hague accreditation and approval.
Brewer-Porch Children's Center
James W. Thompson, Executive Director
The COA standards as applied to the operations at Brewer-Porch Children’s Center at The University of Alabama has given the administration an opportunity to examine best practice and improve the quality of care provided to clients.