COA prides itself on the caliber of its volunteer corps. These volunteers are an essential component of Hague accreditation and approval. Our Evaluators make an extraordinary commitment to guarantee quality site visits and desk reviews. They are trained on the Hague process and standards. In addition to the interviews they conduct on site, significant time is spent becoming familiar with your operations through a review of your self-study and reviewing information about you.
Hague Evaluators are recruited from the following groups of professionals:
- Chief Executive Officers of accredited and approved organizations or organizations in process of becoming accredited.
- Senior administrative and clinical staff of accredited organizations or organizations in process of becoming accredited.
- Faculty of schools of social work with special expertise.
- Recently retired senior staff from accredited organizations who continue to maintain an active role in the field.
- Professionals with expertise in intercountry adoption.
Each Evaluator Team is headed by a Lead Evaluator. The Lead Evaluators are senior reviewers who have extensive experience with accreditation and the review process. Through these two factors they have demonstrated a true commitment to the purposes and goals of Hague accreditation and approval.
Private Organization Accreditation
Germaine Lawrence is a residential treatment center for girls ages 12-18 with complex behavioral, psychological and learning challenges. Girls live at our programs while receiving special education, individual, family and group therapy; psychiatric and primary medical care; and a wide variety of therapeutic activities and interventions.
read more >>
Ulysses Arteaga, L.C.S.W.
Volunteer Roles: Commissioner; EPPA; Marine Reviewer; Military Reviewer; Peer Reviewer; Team Leader
The Consuelo Foundation 2012 Peer Reviewer of the Year, Mr. Arteaga conducts two to three site visits a year, often volunteering for visits that require a Spanish speaking peer.