Assignment of Ratings
Evaluators determine an adoption service provider’s degree of compliance by rating all sub-section standards using their professional judgment and expertise. Ratings are based on:
- self-study documentation;
- public comment information;
- materials provided on site; and
- interviews and information provided by staff, clients, and other key stakeholders.
A written explanation of the rating is provided if the evaluators decide to assign a rating of:
- partial compliance (3) or non-compliance (4) to a critical or foundational standard; or
- a rating of substantial compliance (2), partial compliance (3) or non-compliance (4) for a mandatory standard.
The adoption service provider will have an opportunity to respond to all ratings of partial compliance or non-compliance following the site visit. The accrediting entity will take these responses into account before assigning a final rating.
Achieving Accreditation or Approval
An adoption service provider’s overall compliance must demonstrate "substantial compliance" by receiving a rating of full or substantial compliance on 85% of applicable standards.
In order to be accredited, temporarily accredited, or approved, the adoption service provider must:
- receive ratings of full compliance on 100% of all applicable Mandatory Standards;
- receive ratings of full or substantial compliance on 100% of all applicable Critical Standards;
- receive no rating of non-compliance on any Foundational Standard; and
- receive ratings of full or substantial compliance on enough Foundational Standards so that ratings of full or substantial compliance have been received on 85% of all applicable Mandatory, Critical and Foundational Standards taken together.
Private Organization Accreditation
CSS Healthcare Services provides Community based health services to the young, the elderly and to Individuals with Developmental Disability. Founded in 1997, we have the ability to offer a variety of quality community-based services to our clients, which has greatly contributed to our growth and success.
read more >>
Joint Base Charleston School Age Program
Paula B. Matthews, School Age Program Coordinator
Preparing for our after school accreditation was an awesome and very valuable learning experience for the Child and Youth Professionals at Charleston Air Force Base. Becoming familiar with and understanding the After School standards was a breeze because of the training webinars and the great customer service we received from all of the COA staff. Thank you for supporting our military families.